- A concussion is a brain injury caused by a bump, blow or jolt to the head.
- Concussions can occur in any sport.
- Concussions can be caused by players colliding with each other or obstacles (i.e. goal post or ground).
- Signs and symptoms of a concussion can show up right after the injury or take days or weeks to appear.
- They can have varying degrees of severity and disrupt the way the brain normally works.
- Even a small bump on the head can be serious.
- If an athlete reports any symptoms of a concussion, seek medical attention right away.
Excellent Resources to print out: